Tuesday 20 March 2012

Week 3

Yeah! Week 3 complete! Surprisingly, it also passed uneventfully. (Well....one minor temper tantrum when there was a mix up about what was in store for me week4... sorry about that Abbie.) Even better than uneventful is that each day I feel an improvement.

I have begun to get a little competitive (what me?!!! Even I can't believe it. I normally opt out of anything more competitive than monopoly) I have begun trying to cover more ground by the half way mark. I have started really pushing at the end of the last run, picking a point in the distance and going for it before the magic beeps. No more praying for the beeps, more like I'm trying to beat them.

Three weeks, three nights a week, nine sessions. It's not much is it? Yet, already, the improvement in me is exponential in it's progress. The change is so much more than physical. Any misgivings I had regarding my ability to complete this challenge are gone. I truly believe I will be running 5k by the last week in April.

Week 4 is the challenge for now. It's a fair step up on week 3 but I'm ready. Bring it on.





4 comments:

  1. WTG Sara Enjoyed the read. Could you catch the running bug?? If you plan on doing the New York marathon I'll come [to carry your luggage]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suggested we should try a family marathon relay in a more bouyant moment. Barely concealed mirth was the response. WTG family support hmmmm

      Delete
  2. would love to hear more about the tantrum, like lying flat on the Kinsale Road, kicking and screaming, firing your water bottle at a passing car, while hissing at your trainer and snarling with teeth showing, or more of a subtle sulk,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not the tantrums (yes there have been more than maybe just the one) tend to occur in the same location. You try keeping your cool when you're only half way up a never - ending hill, with a tomato head, runny nose and a wedgee. And anyway, I don't do subtle.

      Delete